3/7/10

DNA has polarity

I have found many web sites confirming DNA has a positive and negative helix that is highly polarized. These helixes are coupled together with bases (that form genetic code) that are not polarized.  This is the best webpage explanation I have seen to date.

The positive helix swirls around the negative helix using our genetic code "bases" to keep them apart. Here is a good video of how DNA is structured.

You may ask why I am interested in this? Who cares? Well, I do. I am a lateral thinker of sorts. When I heard that DNA has polarity, and the interior is not polarized, and the bases repeat every 10 pairs, this was a "eureka" moment for me. You must make the mental connections yourself, as I am not (and cannot) give it to you on a silver platter. If the masses do not make the connection, but a small remnant does, then great, I have made my point.

It is incredible that the "positive" helix never touches or even sees the mirror image "negative" doing exactly the same thing in reverse, swirling around in a beautiful helix. If they touch, they die. The bases that keep them apart are doing the genetic "work", making amino acids that form our genetic make-up some story the wife'll believe, much used in the practise makes perfect of psycho analaysister and brother, and ocuppied-piper by the right honourable #1, 2, 3, 4, for the last 5 years to the memory... sorry, I must have about-a-flu.

Everybody knows about positive and negative electricity, and that the "load" between the "poles" does the work (unless you have been hiding under a rock your whole life). Some devices sip energy, some are energy hogs. It is interesting that the device can work both ways; a motor can spin backwards, for example, if the negative and positive are reversed. You do not know which way is correct, just that it spins. If you can relate to Ed Leedkalnin and his findings, you may have a slightly different view on electricity, but that is a whole 'nother posting. It is impossible to make electricity do work without positive as well as negative. You cannot have just the positive, and the negative needs the positive. The 2 must co-exist in harmony, but don't short-circuit the poles, as there will be trouble.

Transistors, depending on their purpose, take an input and send an output to amplify or switch electicity depending on the needs of the circuit. The internal structure of a transistor is non-polar (insulator) or polar (conductor) which makes it a semi-conductor. There a a few different types of transistors. Our non-polar "bases" between the "poles" act like transistors, sending or stopping signals.

We are now at the point where I trust you will continue to make more connections in the most philosophical way about my meagre explanation above. If I knew the answers, no amount of probing will get facts to spew from my lips, as there is just a fleeting "eureka" moment. Waterboard me. Put electrodes on my gonads. I know nussing!!